Bose Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System, Graphite/Silver
- TrueSpace digital processing circuitry produces riveting sound that envelops you, plus strong center imaging – delivering much of the acoustic performance you might expect from a five-speaker system, lets you easily enjoy premium content at your computer ; Control pod ; Type: Laptop/Desktop Speaker ; Other Audio Features: TrueSpace Surround Digital Signal Processing Circuitry, Proprietary Speaker Arrays, Acoustimass Module ; Controls: Control Pod, Touch-sensitive Mute on Control Pod
- Proprietary speaker arrays lets the user enjoy high-quality performance from small, elegantly designed speaker arrays that require very little desktop space and digital signal processing circuitry ensures exciting realism and consistent quality of sound
- Acoustimass module enables the module to be hidden in the listening area and allows for small, visible speakers without sacrificing performance, while the energy-saving low-power mode lets the system conserve energy without any effort from the owner when idle – the system immediately wakes up when the owner is ready to listen again
- No sound card upgrade, no software to load, no adapters – one simple connection delivers exhilarating sound with plug-and-play simplicity
- Touch-sensitive mute on control pod – users can quickly mute the system with just a simple touch
- Control Pod: Intuitively and conveniently located volume control allows owners to easily connect headphones or a second source, such as a tablet, mobile phone or portable music player
- Elegant appearance with sleek look complements almost any decor while fitting neatly on a desktop and finished with graphite and silver accents
The Bose Companion 50 multimedia speaker system is our best three-piece computer speaker system, delivering multichannel content with a spacious soundstage from just two visible speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module. With one simple connection, you can now enjoy thrilling, enveloping audio that brings computer music, videos and games to life in vivid detail.Make sure the power cord(s) is/are securely connected. If either end of the power cord(s) is/are not firmly connected, the power connection may be inconsistent. While checking the power connection for the Bose system, be sure the power connection of any device connected to the system is also securely connected. Be sure the power cord(s) is/are plugged into a working power outlet(s). If the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position. Test the outlet with another device, such as a lamp. If necessary, plug the system into a different outlet. Note: Some power strips cut power to outlets when certain other outlets are not turned on. Check the manufacturer for details
From the manufacturer
Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the key benefits of the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: The Bose Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System was designed to deliver a spacious, immersive sound experience for computer users. Featuring a sleek, sophisticated design, the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System dramatically enhances the listening experience for the abundance of audio content (music, videos, games) available for the computer today. It delivers:
Enveloping Sound that Seems to Surround you:
– A dramatic sound experience from a combination of two compact array speakers and Bose TrueSpace surround digital signal processing circuitry. User enjoys a thrilling audio performance from just two visible speakers and a hideaway acoustimass module
– Deep, impactful low notes and movie/gaming special effects are cleanly and accurately reproduced by the hideaway acoustimass module
– With the broadened soundstage, you seem to hear sounds from spaces where there are no speakers
Simplified Setup and Ease of Use:
– One simple connection to the computer eliminates the usual complications of setting up a premium sound system. Contemporary industrial design blends with decor, minimizes wires and leaves desktop space clean and orderly. Array speakers are premounted on stands to deliver accurate, high-quality audio that seems to surround you with sound
– Convenient control pod puts volume control, and single-touch mute at your fingertips.
A Transformation from Computer to High-Quality Entertainment Hub:
– Music, videos, games – all audio content – sound better. Supplied control pod allows users to connect an additional source (such as a tablet, mobile phone or portable music player), making the system even more versatile
Q: How does the new Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System work?
A: Through the combination of properly angled transducers, TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry and the ability to send multiple signals to each speaker array, the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System creates a multi-channel sound experience with fewer speakers, wires and complications than a conventional five-speaker system. Less room-or wall-dependent than most traditional speaker systems, the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System can deliver a Bose quality sound experience in almost any setting, including open environments such as a sales floor.
Q: What is the positioning of the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: The Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System is positioned as the best three-piece computer speaker system from Bose. This elegant speaker system can deliver multi-channel content with rich, enveloping sound from only two visible speakers.
Q: Who is the target customer?
A: Anyone who is interested in computer speakers should hear the Companion 50 System. Also, any person who is interested in computer speakers who uses a computer as an entertainment device and/or frequently plays music, videos, or games on his/her computer. Unlike casual listeners, these are computer users who want high-performance audio presentation from their multimedia content without the clutter of conventional computer speaker systems. These customers may have a sizable stored music collection, may use the computer for movie viewing or may use the computer for gaming. They are looking for premium sound performance for their entertainment hub.
Q: How should I present the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System to customers?
A: Any customer looking for computer speakers should hear the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System first. The system is unlike any other multimedia speaker system available today, because it delivers sound that seems to surround you from just two visible array speakers and hideaway acoustimass module. Every customer who uses a computer as an entertainment device should experience the benefits of the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System.
Q: What Does the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System include?
A: The Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System consists of the following:
– Acoustimass Module- houses a woofer, amplifier and Bose proprietary signal processing circuitry
– Two Speaker Arrays and Stands- positioned for optimal performance
– Control Pod- houses the rotational volume control, headphone jack and input connection for a second source
– All wires and connectors needed to set up and enjoy the system
Q: Are the speaker arrays shielded?
A: Yes. Magnetic shielding prevents interference with CRT monitors.
Q: How many audio inputs does the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System have?
A: The Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System has two audio inputs. There is one input on the acoustimass module and one additional stereo auxiliary input on the control pod for sources such as tablets, mobile phones and portable music players.
Q: Can I connect a tablet, mobile phone, iPod or handheld device to the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: Yes, by using the auxiliary input on the control pod.
Q: Does the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker have an energy-saving mode?
A: Yes. If no audio is broadcast for 30 minutes, the system places itself into an energy-saving low-power mode. System automatically wakes up when an audio signal is received or the control pod is tapped.
Q: How do I connect the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: Simply make the following connections:
– Speaker arrays to the acoustimass module
– Control pod to the acoustimass module
– Computer to the acoustimass module via supplied cable
– Acoustimass module to a power outlet
Q: What is the optimal placement of the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: For optimum performance, we recommend the following setup:
– Sit at your computer and place the left speaker array facing directly forward about an arm’s length away and just to the left of your monitor. Do the same with the right speaker array. The front of the speakers should be even with the screen of the computer monitor. You can move the speakers left/right/forward/back a little, but it is best to keep both a similar distance from your ears and to avoid placing them more than 24 inches apart
– Do not try to aim the speakers in toward you, but face them directly forward for the optimal experience. Walls, cabinetry or large objects behind the speakers will not likely affect performance, but it is best to keep the speakers away from such surfaces to either side of them. Try to keep the outer side of each speaker array a minimum of 6 inches away from surfaces such as a bookcase or file cabinet wall. Also, avoid placements deep inside cubby holes
Q: What is the power output of the new Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: Bose Corporation does not publish these specifications because the unique design of our systems with integrated signal processing, cabinet design and equalization, is not captured by industry-standard specifications. A comparison to those specifications is not practical. The important characteristics are how loud and how accurately the system plays, which is why demonstrating the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System is always the most effective way to underscore its performance.
Q: What is the warranty on the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System?
A: This product has a one-year limited warranty (Two years in Europe).
Q: What colors does the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System come in?
A: The Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System is available in graphite with Silver accents.
Q: How is the Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System different from the Companion 20 and Companion 2 systems?
A: – The Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System delivers thrilling sound that seems to surround you for computer users who want to really enjoy their computer music, videos and games. This elegant, three-piece powered speaker system can deliver rich, full, enveloping sound, without the complications and clutter typically experienced with conventional 5 speaker systems
– The Companion 20 Multimedia Speaker System provides stereo performance that dramatically enhances the listening experience from the abundance of audio (CD,DVD, MP3, etc.) available for the computer today. it’s the best-performing, two-piece computer speaker system from Bose – delivering spacious, full, room-filling sound
– The Companion 2 series III Multimedia Speaker System is the most affordable system of the Companion series. It delivers a significant performance upgrade over most original equipment computer speakers
- Each satellite speaker:21.90cm H x 13.90cm W x 9.10cm D (0.70kg)
- Acoustimass® module:21.80cm H x 17.30cm W x 34.80cm D (4.60kg)
- Control pod:6.35 cm H x 2.86 cm W
- System in box:28.30cm H x 40.50cm W x 43.50cm D (7.92kg)
In the box
- Satellite speakers with stands and cables
- Acoustimass® module
- Power cord (appropriate for your region)
- Control pod
- All necessary wires and connectors
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.