DALI OPTICON 1 4.75″ Woofer 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker
Click To Read Reviews
- The DALI OPTICON 1 is a compact stand mount loudspeaker, designed to be placed close to the wall or mounted on it. It combines its almost 5 litres of air capacity with a rear-mounted bass port, a 4 inch inch low-loss Wood Fibre Woofer, a 26 mm ultra-light Soft Dome Tweeter and gold-plated terminals and what the DALI OPTICON 1 delivers is the perfect balance of clear, detailed midrange and an impressive tight bass that belies its size.
- The OPTICON 1 features the same low-loss Wood Fibre Woofer found in DALI’s flagship EPICON series, alongside DALI’s unique SMC (Soft Magnetic Compound) magnet motor system and a brand new Soft Dome Tweeter developed for the OPTICON series, all of which works together along with a individual bass reflex port for the woofer to produce audio exactly as the recording artist originally envisioned it.
- Keeping the manufacturing of the OPTICON series firmly in the hands of DALI they utilize their large and efficient woodworking facility in Denmark to handle everything from cutting out the Medium Density Fibre board (MDF) cabinet to applying the vinyl. The mounting of the drivers and the final tests and approvals on each and every speaker is also handled directly at DALI’s own assembly lines in their Danish factory.
- The OPTICON 1 relies on the bass reflex principle. The bass reflex port has been tuned to minimize distortion from the woofers, and to control the time response of the roll-off from the bass system. Timing is the absolute keyword when tuning bass ports. Correct timing without any unwanted interaction between the drivers and frequencies creates a holographic soundstage. Research clearly shows that speakers with superior time coherence deliver enhanced sonic realism.
- Soft Magnetic Compound (SMC) is a coated magnet granule that can be shaped into any form that you would want. SMC has many advantages, and used in a speakers magnet motor system it result in a significant reduction of distortion from mechanical loss. SMC’s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity delivers all the wanted qualities of a really good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] 62 – 26,500
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] 86.0
Nominal Impedance [ohms] 4
Maximum SPL [dB] 105
Recommended Amplifier Power [W] 25 – 100
Crossover Frequency [Hz] 2,000
Crossover Principle 2-way
High frequency driver, Quantity 1 x 26 mm
High frequency driver, Diaphragm type Soft Textile Dome
Midrange driver, Quantity 1 x 4 3/4″
Midrange driver, Diaphragm type Wood Fibre Cone
Enclosure type Bass Reflex
Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz] 61.5
Connection Input Single Wire
Magnetic Shielding No
Recommended Placement On-Wall
Shelf or stand
Recommended Distance From Wall [cm] 2 – 80
Dimensions With Base (HxWxD) [mm] 261 x 152 x 231
Accessories Included Manual
Weight [kg] 4.5
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.
There are no reviews yet.