M-Audio BX5 D3 Compact 2-Way Active Monitor Speaker, 5″ woofer
- Sound you can trust – Professional class A/B bi-amplified design with 100 W of power for studio-grade accurate sound and ultra-wide range 52-35 kHz frequency response.
- Hear every detail – 5 Inch low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows and 1 Inch high-frequency drivers with silk domes and computer optimised waveguides for smooth, clear highs.
- Connectivity covered – XLR balanced and 1/4 Inch balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear and more.
- Customise your sound – Acoustic Space Control adjusts the sound output to the listening environment for sonically-true, accurate sound reproduction.
- The perfect setup – Precise positioning with conveniently located pin-hole LEDs which shine at their brightest when the speaker is positioned at the ideal monitor angle.
The M-Audio BX5 D3 is an addition to the M-Audio BX family and the most powerful model to date. Optimised for a smooth and natural listening experience, this speaker is perfect for professionals, beginners, and everyone in between.& With BX5 D3, experience sound quality you can trust and discover premium, accurate and defined sound reproduction. Custom Class A/B analogue amplifiers with 100 W of distributed power deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum, while the woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and computer optimised waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound. Plus, adapt BX5 D3 to your listening environment thanks to an on-board Acoustic Space Control that tailors the sound-output accurately to your studio space for optimum results. Whether you’re seeing a pro-grade monitoring upgrade or a trusted reference monitor, with the BX5 D3, you’ll enjoy the utmost accuracy you demand coupled with a fatigue-free, engaging listening experience.
From the manufacturer
A studio monitor is no ordinary loudspeaker. Unlike a conventional speaker, a true monitor must be unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion. It has to tell you, the music producer dependably and unquestionably exactly what is or is not in your recording. Introducing M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors the return of a studio icon and the successor to the industry-renowned BX-D2 monitors. Trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally, M-Audio’s BX monitors provide absolute surgical precision and repeatable engineering excellence – with M-Audio’s BX5-D3 studio reference monitors, listen with confidence.
Tailor Made Sound
At M-Audio, we understand no two listening spaces are the same. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX5-D3’s special acoustic space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever you needs, the BX5-D3 Studio monitors provides assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4-inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including mixers, interfaces and more.
Find The Sweet Spot
When monitoring, it is critical to source the ideal listening position (or ‘sweet spot’) between the two speakers for an optimised stereo image. The BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for accurate and reliable mix evaluations.
|Type||2-way near-field studio reference monitors|
|Low Freq. Driver||5 inch (127mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded|
|High Freq. Driver||1 inch (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome|
|Frequency Response||52 Hz – 35 kHz|
|Low Freq. Amplifier Power||60W|
|High Freq. Amplifier Power||40W|
|Maximum Peak SPL||110 dB SPL – Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured|
|Input Connectors||1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector|
|Input Impedance||10kΩ balanced, 20kΩ unbalanced|
|Polarity||Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement|
|Protection||RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse|
|Power||Voltage: 100–120V, 50/60 Hz / 220–240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption: 100W|
|Fuse||220–240V~ T1AL 250V / 100–120V~ T1.6AL 250V|
|Cabinet||Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF|
|Dimensions(width x depth x height)||6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176 x 197 x 254 mm|
|Weight||12.3 lbs, 5.6kg|
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.