Sony WF-C500 TWS Earbuds, 5.8mm Driver
Click To Read Reviews
The Sony WF-C500 are affordable yet premium pair of TWS earbuds which succeed the loved Sony WF-XB700. Their build quality and finish are decent as a result they feel rich for the money. In what is definitely an added advantage is the presence of IPX4 water resistance which was sorely missed previously. Furthermore the looks are also more matured and evenly rounded, fitting evenly inside the ears. Alas thanks to the included ear tips of varying sizes the in-ear fitting is comfortable and mostly snug, which improves audio performance, gives better noise isolation and consequently less prone to accidental popping out. In what can be described as giving a killer blow to competition is the single charge battery life. These earphones can run for nearly 10 hours on single charge with the case holding enough juice for another such full charge, taking the total playback time to 20 hours.
The audio quality is the factor which can single-handedly decide the fate of a product. Having said that its comforting to state that these are a definite improvement and better sounding all around than the Sony WF-XB700s. Imagine lots of bass with thump, rumble and then some headache i.e., the whole shebang, now imagine it without the headache, that is exactly what these earbuds have. They excel in providing deep, rich and fast bass response, they sound lovely. Additionally the mid-range is spotless, its truly amazing that the mids, vocals, the instruments such as flute, piccolo, trumpet and even likes of xylophone sound realistic and natural. By now you must be wondering that such extreme performance couldn’t be possible at this price, well yes, there is one issue of the culpable treble. Its passable mostly, however they definitely are dull, especially in higher range which comprises of hi-hats, cymbals, which sound muddled and lost in background. In a surprising development the call quality is oodles better and won’t disappoint at all, it was a pleasant surprise and a much needed one too. Therefore considering all that these earbuds are capable of it would be sagacious to say that these are definitely one of the finest earphones under ₹ 5000 in India.
Also: Do view these TWS earbuds from Jabra on Amazon before finalizing.
Solid built, premium looks.
Really long single charge battery life.
Superb call quality.
Mesmerizing beats and mids.
Lackluster treble and highs.
Charging case is woefully under equipped.
Disappointing control scheme.
|Ear Placement||In Ear|
|Colour||Black, White, Green, Orange
- Sound Quality – DSEE restores high frequency sounds lost in compression
- Battery Life – Up to 10hr battery life, total up to 20hr with charging case
- Ratings – Splash-proof and sweat-proof with an IPX4 rating
- Built-In Mic – Easier, clearer hands-free calling
- Comfort – Small and light for a great fit and all day wear
Size & Weight
- Approx. 5.4 g x 2
- Headphone Type
- Closed, dynamic
- Driver Unit
- 5.8 mm
- Frequency Response(Bluetooth® Communication)
- 20Hz-20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling)
- Volume Control
- Yes / IPX4
- Battery Charge Time
- Approx. 2.5hrs
- Battery Charge Method
- USB Charge (with case)
- Battery Life(continuous music playback time)
- Max. 10 hrs
- BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME)
- Max. 5.0 hrs
- Bluetooth® version
- Bluetooth Specification Version5.0
- Effective Range
- Frequency Range
- 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz-2.4835GHz)
- A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s)
- SBC, AAC
- Supported Content Protection
- Battery Charge Time
- Approx 3hrs
- Approx. 35 g
- Approx. 80.0 x 34.9 x 30.9 mm
What’s In The Box
- USB Cable: Type-C®
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.
Perfect literally if ANC is not needed. One other issue though is the case which has less battery capacity.