Yamaha Ns-F160 Speakers, 6.5″ Woofer
Yamaha NS-F160 are a very good example of how a good speaker can be made which not only sounds good but infact is every bit as premium as can be. The speakers are well designed and have a sense of authority to them. The front grill covers the drivers while the big round port is exposed at the bottom, hinting at the power ‘eh! Moreover the side panels have rounded edge which accentuate the looks while aiding and preventing corner chips. These Yamaha towers are absolute beauty and are hard to fault, especially at the price point.
The audio performance of these speakers is average at best. While there is a bit of everything the overall musicality suffers. For instance the bass is not only boomy but also suffers from lack of depth. Similarly the highs and treble are strong, albeit a bit too strong at times. The midrange is good and is the saving grace in these speakers. The vocals, instruments sound phenomenal and impressive for the price. In any case if you add a dedicated subwoofer and put a crossover of 60 or 70 hz, not only does the boominess disappear but infact the floor standers sound much clearer and musical. It would seem that these speakers are power hungry (87 dB, sensitivity) and fare not so good in bass department. And as soon as that duty is delegated the speakers really make an impressive presentation, more so thanks to their fantastic imaging.
Elegant, durable build.
Faultless midrange setup.
Imaging is excellent.
Bass performance is lackluster.
Power hungry speakers.
- Support stand add to the impressive appearance
- Side panels with elegant rounded edges
- Perfectly matched home theatre speaker system
- Large-size, gold-plated screw terminals with bi-wiring connectivity
- Two 16cm cone woofers and 3cm soft dome tweeter for strong bass and smooth full-range sound
|Type||2-way bass-reflex floorstanding speaker|
|Woofers||Dual 16cm (6-1/2”) cone|
|Tweeter||3cm (1”) soft dome|
|Frequency Response||30 Hz–36 kHz|
|Nominal Input Power||50 W|
|Maximum Input Power||300 W|
|Sensitivity||87 dB/2.83 V/1 m|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||218 x 1,042 x 369 mm; 8-5/8” x 41” x 14-1/2”|
|Weight||19 kg; 41.9 lbs./unit|
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.