Samsung HW-T42E/XL Soundbar, 6.5″ Subwoofer
HW-T42E/XL is one of the cheapest soundbar with a dedicated subwoofer from a mainstream company like Samsung. The initial impressions of the build are good, there seem to be no be evident cost cutting or use of cheap quality build components anywhere. The design of the soundbar is quite similar to HW-T400. Although this unit is wider it is a bit light in weight. It has a fabric wrapping which gives it a neat, tidy and elegant yet simplistic look. This subtle design style does make it look more expensive than it really is adding to the wow factor. There is a control panel on top side which includes buttons for power, volume and input selection. Moving on to the input and connectivity this soundbar setup has an Optical input, Bluetooth connectivity and USB port for flash drives. Both Aux and HDMI inputs are no where to be found and could be a deal breaker for some.
This is a soundbar subwoofer combo from Samsung is priced very conservatively and has a combine power output of 150 watts. The dual drivers in the soundbar have an amplifier of 35 watts each and the subwoofer has a dedicated amplifier rated at 80 watts. The sound quality is really exciting and will get you all worked up. First and foremost the subwoofer is good. It punches above its weight and gives lows a character and depth which is not only good but also enjoyable, there is some boominess admittedly. Although it fares good until its pushed too hard or the volume punched too high, as that is when it starts sounding too boomy and compressed. Midrange is strong and takes a front seat as far as harmony between various sectors of audio are concerned. What this means is that instruments are loud, clear and take priority. Similarly vocals sound clear and with a natural timbre. Treble or highs are sweet! They are detailed, open and have a very fine resolution. Overall it can be inferred that this is a very solid soundbar especially if the budget for your purchase is under 10000 rupees.
Well built product.
Looks more expensive.
No HDMI or Aux.
Mid range is too in your face sometimes.
|Connector Type||Optical, Bluetooth, USB|
|Subwoofer type, size||Passive, 6.5 inch subwoofer|
About this item
- Power Output: 150W, Dolby 2 channel Sound, 3 Speakers
- Deep, rich bass with a Passive subwoofer, Dolby Digital 2ch
- Sound Modes: Standard, Smart, Surround Sound Expansion, Game
- Wireless music streaming via Bluetooth, One Remote Control, Connectivity: Optical, Bluetooth and USB
- Optimized sound for various content
- Optimized gaming sound
- Wireless surround sound ready
- 6.5″ powerful subwoofer
General Feature 150W
Number of Channel 2.1 Ch
Subwoofer Type ( Active / Passive / Wireless, Bulit-in ) Passive
Gross Dimension (WxHxD): One Packing 932.0 x 431.0 x 228.0 mm
Gross Weight (One Packing) 7.6 kg
Power 0.5 W
- Total Power 150W
- Number of Channel 2.1 Ch
- Number of Speaker 3
- Subwoofer Type ( Active / Passive / Wireless, Bulit-in ) Passive
- AAC Yes
- MP3 Yes
- WAV Yes
- OGG Yes
- FLAC Yes
- AIFF Yes
- Optical In 1
- Bluetooth Yes
- USB Music Playback Yes
- One Control Yes
- Bluetooth Power On Yes
- Net Dimension (Main Speaker) (WxHxD) 860.0 x 54.0 x 74.0 mm
- Net Dimension (Sub Woofer) (WxHxD) 181.5 x 343.0 x 272.0 mm
- Gross Dimension (WxHxD): One Packing 932.0 x 431.0 x 228.0 mm
- Net Weight (Main Speaker) 1.5 kg
- Net Weight (Sub Woofer) 4.1 kg
- Gross Weight (One Packing) 7.6 kg
Model Name HW-T42E
Weight 1.5 kg
Dimensions (W x H x D) 860.0 x 54.0 x 74.0 mm
Rated Output power 35W x 2, 6 ohm
Supported play formats
(DTS 2.0 sound is played in DTS format.)
LPCM 2ch, Dolby Audio™
(supporting Dolby® Digital), DTS
Subwoofer Name PS-T4SWT
Weight 4.1 kg
Dimensions (W x H x D) 181.5 x 343.0 x 272.0 mm
Rated Output power 80W, 3 ohm
* All promotional media, images, logo are copyright, trademark and property of respective Brand / Manufacturer and / or Amazon. Specfications subject to change without notice, please verify specfications and details with seller / manufacturer / brand. In case of issues or to report incorrect content contact us here. We (buy.guru) are not liable for any discrepancy in above content. Some content above is our opinion only.